Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here We Go!

So, after dealing with much pestering from a dear friend, I finally took the plunge and created my own blog! Scary, no? But also, fabulous, exciting, potentially delicious, and definitely an adventure. Let's all take a minute here and pray that what I hope will be a chronicle of yummy food does not become a chronicle of many trips to the emergency room...


A little background on me, your lovely host. I grew up in a small town outside New York City, where from a very young age, I decided I only would eat carbohydrates. I'm not even kidding about this, guys. For a good 5 years I subsisted on Goldfish crackers (cheddar only, with salt added), pasta (preferably without sauce, or the kind that comes in a blue box), green apples, and a creation of my own called a "ketchup sandwich," which was one piece of white bread with ketchup on it, folded in half. BUT, never fear, one day I woke up and realized exactly what I was missing when it came to culinary pursuits, and since then I haven't looked back. My favorite college memories involve traveling to my parent's beach house with a group of friends and cooking (well, watching this amazing girl) cook a delicious meal. So now that I'm out on my own in NYC, I've taken some time to polish old family recipes, try my hand at new ones that I create, and eat as much good food as I can get my hands on...and I'd love it if you joined me for this wild ride!


Welcome to my itty bitty kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Elizabeth! I'm very excited to continue reading your blog and having you teach me how to cook!

    ReplyDelete